Open to the Kruger National Park and playing host to the “Big Five” is Motswari Game Reserve – a private concession within Timbavati Nature Reserve. Built from rock and stone, Geiger’s Camp is a 4-Star African gem perched on a ridge with panoramic views. This authentic safari camp fuses tasteful elegance with historic, rustic charm.
Originally a traditional-style home for the late Roland Geiger, the camp has been elevated to luxury accommodation standards, but retains its “little hideaway” feel. With just four private rooms, this camp is ideal for small family gatherings or an intimate group of friends.
The name Motswari means, “to conserve and protect” in Tswana and, as owners, the Geiger family has held to this promise by committing to excellence in all aspects of day-to-day running of the camp. Firstly, employees are much more than simply workers, as everyone is treated as a member of the family.
Second, ever conscious of carbon footprints, Responsible Tourism has been incorporated as a key principle of its operating philosophy to ensure the preservation of natural resources and this delicate environment.
You are welcome to immerse your body, mind and spirit in this very special part of Timbavati Game Reserve.
From R4 950
per person per night
Best Available Rate
|Luxury Suite||01 Dec 2017 – 30 Apr 2018||on request|
|Walking Safari (tented camp)||01 Dec 2017 – 30 Apr 2018||on request|
|Giraffe’s Nest (the hide)||01 Dec 2017 – 30 Apr 2018||on request|
|Single supplement||01 Dec 2017 – 30 Apr 2018||on request|
- Luxury accommodation with daily room cleaning service
- Early morning refreshments, brunch, high tea and a 4-course dinner
- Local beers, house wines and soft drinks
- Two game drives daily
- Guided safari walks with refreshments
- Motswari also has a private airstrip, which can be used by private or chartered airplanes.
To be settled direct or upon departure:
- Transfers to/from local airports/other lodges, Vehicle toll fee for self-drives, Timbavati conservation levy, Telephone calls, bar,
laundry and curio purchases
- Surcharge for the overnight walking safaris
- Champagne, cellar wines, premium spirits, bottled water and energy drinks
Children aged 16 years and older are welcome at Geiger’s Camp.
- Children under the age of 16 are only permitted when booking the lodge exclusively.
- Children must be older than six years for game drives; those under 10 years old may join game drives at the discretion of the guide.
- Must be 16 years+ for bush walks and 18 years+ for the overnight safari walk experience.
Offering four luxury rooms, Geiger’s Camp is the epitome of hospitable exclusivity. Each suite is different, tastefully styled by owner Marion Geiger-Orengo, an artist by profession, along with her friend, Cape Town interior decorator, David Strauss. Together they have amassed incredible artworks and precious collectibles that beautifully accent each suite.
- Antique and art deco furniture
- King Bed
- Private decks overlooking the bush
- Freestanding bathrooms with clawfoot tubs, copper basins and outdoor shower
Most of your time will be spent on the main deck, a beautifully decorated vista full of texture and colour, punctuated by an infinity pool with uninterrupted views of the bush.
Retreat to the library and cozy up in this serene snuggery full of wildlife books, Africana and object d’art, that speak of the Geiger family heritage and their love of nature.
- Library with fireplace
- Infinity swimming pool
- Curio shop at Motswari Game Lodge
- Fully equipped air-conditioned conference room for 20 delegates at Motswari Game Lodge
- An additional vehicle plus guide can be arranged for an extra cost per day
- Child-minding services can be provided when advised at time of booking.
Savour the Savannah
Whether it’s brunch, a late lunch (high tea) or dinner, guests are guaranteed a sumptuous and satisfying culinary experience.
While meals are served on the main deck during the day, traditional African evenings mean dinner in the boma. Sip and savour the country’s award-winning wines and wonderful food under the stars, around an open fire. The perfect way to end a safari day.
Dinner in a tree house “Giraffe’s Nest” is an optional extra.
All of Africa’s “Big Five” are abundant in the area, as are countless numbers of other game, which traverse the open boundary between Motswari and the Kruger National Park. All guides are residents of the area and have, in addition to scientific knowledge, an intimate experience of the location and wildlife that comes from fully co-existence with their surrounds.
- Daily Game Drives – A professional game ranger will accompany you on two daily game drives in your own luxury open Land Rover. Spot a myriad of wildlife species, including cheetah and wild dogs and herbivores from the antelope and gazelle family. There are a variety of nocturnal animals which make sunset drives completely different from their daytime equivalent.
- Bird Watching – The avian population is unrivalled for the avid birdwatcher, with well over 350 different species to be spotted year-round.
- Safari Walk – Take a mid-morning guided walk with a ranger to understand the smaller details of Africa’s eco system.
- Safari Interest Talks – Relax at the main lodge and listen to a professional ranger give an informative talk.
- Hide Sleep-Outs – Ask about this special experience upon booking.
- Overnight Walking Safari – An overnight walking safari has now been added for avid bush lovers. Groups of four can engage all five senses as they become one with nature. An experienced and knowledgeable guide leads you through majestic scenery on foot to get up close with the Big (and small) Five.