In the heart of the Timbavati Private Nature Reserve, Kambaku River Sands is an unfenced retreat sitting majestically on the banks of a dry riverbed. The suites are spaciously set apart, allowing for unobstructed views of the savannah and the animals roaming freely around and through the camp. This more exclusive lodge combines classic luxury with traditional style and hospitality.
Kambaku takes its name from one of the ”Magnificent Seven” who roamed the Kruger Park for the greater part of the last century. These elephants were renowned for their impressive tusks.
Kambaku River Sands invites you to sit back, relax and get on track for a superlative safari experience.
From R7 600
per person per night
Best Available Rate
|Luxury Room||01 Jan 2018 – 31 Dec 2018||on request|
|Private Vehicle||01 Jan 2018 – 31 Dec 2018||on request|
- Luxury accommodation
- Brunch, high tea, dinner, and game drive snacks
- Tea, coffee, local beers and soft drinks
- Early morning game drives and bush walks
- Late afternoon/evening game drives
- Unlimited Wi-Fi available in the reception area and Main Lodge.
- Timbavati Gate fee
- Timbavati Conservation Levies
- Transfers to and from Kambaku Safari Lodge
- Curio shop items
- Bar Spirits & Wines
- Private vehicle hire
Children over 12 years old are welcome and they are charged at the full adult rate.
Each of the 10 thatched luxury rooms has been elegantly decorated to blend beautifully with the bushveld. Sliding doors are protected with mosquito netting and beds draped with classic white satin nets.
- Supremely comfortable beds
- En-suite bathrooms with double showers
- Outdoor showers
- Spa baths
- Private viewing decks
With its high thatched roof and view overlooking the Kambaku River Sands waterhole, the luxurious surroundings of the Main Lodge allow for pure relaxation. On cooler days, guests gather around one of the two enormous open fireplaces. In warm weather, lounge by the pool and enjoy perfect panoramas while sipping a cold beer or chilled glass of wine from the bar.
- Bush Spa – A private swimming pool, gym, sauna and steam rooms provide a rejuvenating atmosphere for guests who desire a bit of pampering, or those who feel the need to keep moving during their holiday.
- Curio Shop – Stocked with a variety of locally handcrafted items, as well as clothing and mementoes.
Savouring the Savannah
Dining outside in a traditional boma is a regular affair at Kambaku River Sands, and is always an unforgettable South African experience. Sit back under the stars and enjoy expertly prepared local cuisine.
Kambaku can cater to special dietary requirements with advance notice, but regret that halaal and kosher meals are not provided. Please advise of any allergies on arrival.
Game drives provide the ideal opportunity to track down the “Big Five” and more. Bush walks offer an exploration of smaller gems of the savannah. During the heat of the day, guests observe animal behaviour from the peace and quiet of their private decks.
- Morning and evening game drives with experienced rangers in uncovered vehicles
- Bush walks
- Birding from the local hide at Twins Dam.
Kambaku is ideal for intimate celebrations of up to 36 guests. Additional guests can be accommodated at surrounding lodges.