In the heart of the Timbavati Private Nature Reserve, Kambaku Safari Lodge provides a serene escape from busy schedules with its home-away-from-home ambiance.
Because this retreat is unfenced, the views from the chalets and main lodge are complete with a constant parade of wildlife. Kambaku Safari Lodge accommodates only 16 guests and, as such, provides a feeling of relaxed intimacy, which is ideal for hosting small gatherings of family or friends, intimate wedding parties, and even corporate parties. Honeymooners can absolutely expect a few added extras during their stay!
This eco-friendly camp is entirely dependent on solar energy in order to minimize its carbon footprint on the natural environment.
Kambaku Safari Lodge is all about simple luxuries and takes its name from one of the ”Magnificent Seven” who roamed the Kruger Park for the greater part of the last century. These elephants were renowned for their impressive tusks.
You are invited to sit back, relax and get set for an exceptional safari experience.
From R5 600
per person per night
Best Available Rate
|Luxury Room||01 Jan 2018 – 31 Dec 2018||on request|
|Private Vehicle||01 Jan 2018 – 31 Dec 2018||on request|
- Luxury accommodation
- Brunch, high tea, dinner, and game drive snacks
- Tea, coffee, local beers and soft drinks
- Early morning game drives/bush walks
- Late afternoon/evening game drives
- Unlimited Wi-Fi available in the reception area
- Timbavati Gate fee
- Timbavati Conservation Levies
- Transfers to and from Kambaku Safari Lodge
- Babysitting service
- Curio shop items
- Bar spirits & wines
Kambaku Safari Lodge is child-friendly.
- Children four years and older may join the game drives
- Children under four years old may only join if a private vehicle has been booked to provide flexibility with little ones – additional fees apply
- Children 12 and older may join bush walks
- A babysitting service is also an optional extra
Eight thatched suites have been meticulously designed, beautifully constructed and tastefully decorated to blend beautifully with the surrounding bushveld. There are a variety of options ranging from the honeymoon suite and family suites, to double and twin rooms.
- Four-poster beds with classically draped mosquito nets
- En-suite bathrooms
- Private veranda with views of the gardens and waterhole
- The honeymoon suite ensures additional privacy and a touch of something out of the ordinary
- Electricity is at a minimum, but there are 220V power points to charge batteries and other devices.
The Main Lodge boasts a stylish balance between open-plan and private space.
- Spacious lounge with fireplace and bar
- Small library
- An upper deck with pool table and waterhole views
- Sundeck with pool
- Curio Shop
Savour the Savannah
Daily indulgences include late morning bush brunches, then delicious lunches and high tea every afternoon.
Dinners are truly an African affair – lighted by the Milky Way, a large bonfire, and lanterns in the boma. Guests spoil themselves sipping on fine wine and feasting on expertly prepared local cuisine. All while recounting the day’s event or simply stargazing.
Kambaku can cater to special dietary requirements with advance notice, but regret that halaal and kosher meals are not provided. Please advise of any allergies on arrival.
Private dinners for special occasions can be coordinated on request.
Experienced guides and trackers are always ready with a wealth of information on wildlife and all aspects of fauna and flora. Game drives provide the ideal opportunity to track down the “Big Five” and more. In fact, this is the only place in the world where the famous Timbavati White Lions can be seen in their natural habitat.
- Early Morning and evening game drives with experienced rangers in uncovered vehicles
- Bush walks offer an exploration of smaller gems of the savannah
- Birding from the local hide at Twins Dam
- Educational games and discussions for kids
Kambaku is ideal for intimate celebrations. Please note that additional guests can be accommodated at surrounding lodges.