Machaton Private Camp is an intimate and exclusive camp offering a secluded and private safari experience. Next to owning a private safari lodge, there is no more private way to enjoy a safari in the Timbavati.
The camp consists of a main building which features a lounge, kitchen and covered verandah, as well as 3 individual luxury suites. Each suite offers a large en-suite bedroom, a well-appointed bathroom with an outdoor shower, a dayroom with a sumptuous daybed and a large terrace, allowing guests to either enjoy the main areas together or retreat in private to the suite.
Privacy is guaranteed thanks to the careful placement of the suites and privacy walls, ensuring a tranquil and intimate stay.
From R7 950
per person per night
Best Available Rate
|Luxury Suite||01 Jan 2017 – 31 Oct 2018||on request|
|Exclusive Use (up to 6 guests)||01 Jan 2017 – 31 Oct 2018||on request|
- All standard meals
- Two game drives per day
- Selected drinks (selected spirits, house wines, local beers and soft drinks)
- Interpretive bush walks with an armed field guide are offered subject to availability
- Other drinks (see above*)
- Private transfers
- Laundry service
- Other items of a personal nature
- Timbavati Conservation Levy
- Vehicle entry fee at the Timbavati Control Gate
Unfortunately, no children are allowed under 12 years of age unless the camp is booked on an exclusive-use basis.
Accommodation captures the age-old essence of an African safari and comprises of three individual luxury suites. Each suite comprises of a sumptuous bedroom, a day room, a well-appointed bathroom with an outdoor shower and an extensive private terrace. Privacy is guaranteed thanks to the careful placement of the suites and privacy walls, ensuring a tranquil and intimate stay. There are 3 luxurious suites with a king-size bed and a double sized daybed. The en-suite bathroom is accessed through the main bedroom and offers a double basin, bath and outdoor shower.
- A large private game viewing patio with sun loungers, lounge seating and umbrella
- Mini bar with drinks and snacks
- Coffee and tea-making facilities
- Complimentary eco-friendly, biodegradable products
- Eco-friendly insect spray
- Electric blankets for the winter period
- Laundry services
- Safe for storing valuables
- Hair dryer
Intimate and exclusive, Machaton Private Camp offers the discerning guest a luxurious and private safari experience. The following facilities are offered:
- Game-viewing terrace overlooking the river
- Plunge pool, with panoramic views of the Nhlaralumi River
- Covered lounge and dining area
- Lounge, offering a selection of books and board games
- Limited Wi-Fi connectivity
- In-room spa treatments
- Low level electric fence
Savour the Savannah
Daily indulgences include early morning tea/coffee, a selection of homemade biscuits and rusks served at guests’ option in the suite or on the main patio, a coffee/tea stop in the bush and a bushveld Sundowner break during the evening game drives.
Mid-morning breakfast – Continental and full hot breakfast served at guests’ option on the private patio of the suite or on the main patio.
Lunch – a la carte or chef’s table d’hôte served at guests’ option on the private patio of the suite or on the main patio.
Dinners are truly an African affair – the dinners of African-inspired cuisine are hosted in the dining area, or – weather permitting – around the fire in the open-air boma or can be enjoyed privately on the patio of the suite.
Special dietary requirements: The lodge requires prior notification in order to accommodate any special dietary requirements you may have. Please ensure that you notify your travel consultant upon booking.
Experienced guides and trackers are always ready with a wealth of information on wildlife and all aspects of fauna and flora. Game drives provide the ideal opportunity to track down the “Big Five” and more. In fact, this is the only place in the world where the famous Timbavati White Lions can be seen in their natural habitat.
- Game drive (approximately 3+ hours), including a coffee/tea stop in the bush
- Leisure time – enjoy the plunge pool overlooking the dry river bed. Alternatively, relax in the lounge/bar area, avail of the free Wi-Fi on offer, or simply allow your mind to wander while sipping a refreshing cocktail, and watching the wildlife at the Nhlaralumi River.
- Spa treatments (at an additional charge) can be enjoyed on the privacy of your patio or, for couple treatments, at the nearby Simbavati River Lodge’s Spa.
- Afternoon/evening game drive (approximately 3+ hours), which includes a bushveld Sundowner break.