Open to the Kruger National Park and playing host to the “Big Five” is Motswari Private Game Reserve. Within it lies Timbavati Nature Reserve and Motswari Game Lodge. This authentic 4-Star safari retreat prides itself on its warm atmosphere, superlative service and luxurious accommodation for up to 30 guests.
While the atmosphere is best described as relaxed sophistication, the camp conjures up elements of African nostalgia, romance and charm to provide you with an unobtrusive commune with nature. Furthermore, Motswari has minimized any man-made gardens to bring the wild bush to your doorstep.
The name Motswari means, “to conserve and protect” in Tswana and, as owners, the Geiger family has held to this promise by committing to excellence in all aspects of day-to-day running of the lodge. Firstly, employees are much more than simply workers, as everyone is treated as a member of the family.
Second, ever conscious of carbon footprints, Motswari has incorporated Responsible Tourism as a key principle of its operating philosophy to ensure the preservation of natural resources and this delicate environment.
You are welcome to immerse your body, mind and spirit in the ubiquitous tranquility of this very special part of South Africa.
From R5 695
per person per night
Best Available Rate
|Luxury Suite||01 Dec 2017 – 30 Apr 2018||on request|
|Luxury Suite||01 May 2018 – 30 Jun 2018||on request|
|Luxury Suite||01 Jul 2018 – 30 Nov 2018||on request|
|Luxury Suite||01 Dec 2018 – 30 Apr 2019||on request|
|Walking Safari (tented camp)||01 Dec 2017 – 30 Apr 2018||on request|
|Single supplement & extra person sharing||01 Jan 2017 – 01 Dec 2017||on request|
- Luxury accommodation with daily room cleaning service
- Early morning refreshments, brunch, high tea and a 4-course dinner
- Local beers, house wines and soft drinks
- Two game drives daily
- Guided safari walks with refreshments
- Motswari also has a private airstrip, which can be used by private or chartered airplanes.
To be settled direct or upon departure:
- Transfers to/from local airports/other lodges, Vehicle toll fee for self-drives, Timbavati conservation levy, Telephone calls, bar,
laundry and curio purchases
- Surcharge for the overnight walking safaris
- Champagne, cellar wines, premium spirits, bottled water and energy drinks
Children aged six years and older are welcome at Motswari Game Lodge.
- Children sharing with parents pay 50% of the adult rate
- Children in inter-leading rooms pay single occupancy rate
- Children should be older than six years for game drives; 16 years+ for bush walks; 18 years+ for the overnight safari walk experience.
Motswari Game Lodge offers 15 luxuriously appointed en-suite bungalows, inclusive of two sets of inter-leading rooms. While the interiors are modern, they beautifully reflecting the wonders of nature that exist just outside the windows.
- King size or two single beds
- En-suite bathroom with bath and separate shower
- Balcony with bush or river views
- Rollaway beds available
Motswari has minimized any man-made gardens to bring the wild bush to your doorstep. As such, the hallmark of this traditional camp conjures up elements of African nostalgia, romance and charm, and combines these with warm, personal touches to provide you with a sophisticated, yet unobtrusive commune with nature. The heart of the camp is a large open veranda lounge overlooking the Sohebele River with a rim-flow pool to relax the afternoon away.
- Swimming pool
- Two bars
- Curio shop
- Art Garden
- Library and Art Gallery with 24-hour internet
- Fully equipped air-conditioned conference room for 20 delegates
- An additional vehicle plus guide can be arranged for an extra cost per day
- Au-pair services can be provided when advised at time of booking.
Cuisine – Flavours of Africa
Whether it’s brunch, a late lunch (high tea) or dinner, guests are guaranteed a sumptuous and satisfying culinary experience.
While meals are served at different venues during the day, traditional African evenings mean dinner in the boma. Sip and savour the country’s award-winning wines and wonderful food under the stars, around an open fire. The perfect way to end a safari day.
All of Africa’s “Big Five” are abundant in the area, as are countless numbers of other game, which traverse the open boundary between Motswari and the Kruger National Park. All guides are residents of the area and have, in addition to scientific knowledge, an intimate experience of the location and wildlife that comes from fully co-existence with their surrounds.
- Daily Game Drives – A professional game ranger will accompany you on two daily game drives in your own luxury open Land Rover. Spot a myriad of wildlife species, including cheetah and wild dogs and herbivores from the antelope and gazelle family. There are a variety of nocturnal animals which make sunset drives completely different from their daytime equivalent.
- Bird Watching – The avian population is unrivalled for the avid birdwatcher, with well over 350 different species to be spotted year-round.
- Safari Walk – Take a mid-morning guided walk with a ranger to understand the smaller details of Africa’s eco system.
- Safari Interest Talks – Relax at the main lodge and listen to a professional ranger give an informative talk.
- Hide Sleep-Outs – Ask about this special experience upon booking.
- Overnight Walking Safari – An overnight walking safari has now been added for avid bush lovers. Groups of four can engage all five senses as they become one with nature. An experienced and knowledgeable guide leads you through majestic scenery on foot to get up close with the Big (and small) Five.