Ngala Safari Lodge is situated in the &Beyond Ngala Private Game Reserve, which shares an unfenced boundary with the renowned Kruger National Park – South Africa’s largest wildlife sanctuary and one of the biggest game reserves in the world.
Here, an unhurried atmosphere combines with the quaint traditions of a bygone era to create an aura of romance and nostalgia. Protected by a living canopy of immense mopane and tamboti trees, Ngala Safari Lodge carves out a set of intimate, elegant spaces sheltered in harmonious seclusion by the thick vegetation.
From dedicated commitment to a conservation model, down to the tiniest details of daily activities, every decision revolves around &Beyond’s core ethics; Care of the Land, Care of the Wildlife, and Care of the People. These values have become part of the reason why guests find their experience so rewarding.
From R8 485
per person per night
Best Available Rate
|Cottages||01 Jan 2018 – 10 Jan 2019||on request|
|Family Cottages (2 adults and 2 children)||01 Jan 2017 – 10 Jan 2019||on request|
|Family Suite (2 adults and 2 children)||01 Jan 2017 – 10 Jan 2019||on request|
|Private vehicle||01 Jan 2018 – 10 Jan 2019||on request|
- Three meals daily
- House wines, local brand spirits and beers
- Soft drinks, teas and coffees, as well as refreshments on game drives
- Safari activities
- One hour nature walks accompanied by experienced armed trackers (subject to availability)
- Transfers to and from the lodge airstrip
- Telephone calls
- Safari shop purchases
- All items of a personal nature
- Champagne, cognacs, fine wines, premium brand spirits and cigars
- Government bed levy, conservancy or park fees and landing fees
Children of all ages are welcome at Ngala Safari Lodge and child rates are quoted on request.
- No children under 16 on walking safaris
- Those five years and younger are not allowed on game drives
- Children aged six to 11 are permitted on game drives at the lodge manager’s discretion
- Babysitters are available at an additional charge.
Designed especially for children visiting &Beyond’s lodges, WILDchild is filled with fun, interactive activities that offer opportunities to learn and discover new experiences and cultures. On arrival, each child will receive a WILDchild branded bag containing a logbook, crayons, pencils and a pawprint tattoo. There is a personalized welcome note for every child, with those under three getting an African-themed soft toy as well.
Ngala Safari Lodge boasts 20 traditional thatched cottages with modern amenities. Each exudes colonial ambiance with nostalgic safari memorabilia throughout. Floor-to-ceiling glass windows provide dazzling views of the savannah.
- Supremely comfortable curtained beds
- En-suite bathrooms with outdoor shower
- Private verandas with views of the waterhole
- There are three cottages with interleading rooms for 2 adults and 2 children
- A spacious suite for 2 adults and 2 children, or 3 adults and 1 child
- Private pool
- Exclusive-use safari vehicle
Style and grace mingle faultlessly with the rugged natural beauty of the setting, as manicured lawns give way to dense mopane thickets and wild animals saunter down to drink at the waterhole. While away the hours at the pool sipping on your favourite beverage, or unwind with a good book. Don’t forget to steal a moment for blissful relaxation the lodge spa.
- Swimming pool
- Spa and fitness centre
- Boma and elegant courtyard for open-air dining
- Safari Shop
Nature is never far at Ngala Safari Lodge, with hearty breakfasts and delicious lunches served in the shade of an enormous weeping boere bean tree. A walled courtyard provides a sheltered space to indulge in sumptuous cuisine, while the boma creates a dramatic setting for fire-lit dinners. Private in-suite dining is also available.
Set in a 14,700-hectare private game reserve, a spectacular diversity of wildlife moves through this immense wilderness, including breeding herds of elephant, leopard, spotted hyena, giraffe, large buffalo herds and white rhino. With its name meaning ‘lion’ in Shangaan language, Ngala lives up to its promise, supporting several large prides of these powerful cats. African wild dog can also be spotted moving through the reserve.
Sensitive off-roading practices allow close-up game sightings, while walking safaris are also offered.
- Game Drives (early morning and late afternoon/night)
- Bush Walks
At an additional charge:
- Luxury walking safaris with open air sleep-out option
- Tracking, photographic and private safaris
- Rhino Notching
Conservation & Community
Taking less and giving more is a philosophy that is applied every day through actions big and small at each of &Beyond’s 33 lodges. Whether it’s participating in the reintroduction of an endangered species like the black rhino, providing a market for local businesses to encourage enterprise development, or simply managing compost from the kitchen, these are the conscious commitments that will leave a positive legacy.